If you need to reinstall the TG RT software there are some steps to follow that will help out. If the TG RT software will start and open then start at part 1 and proceed with all steps. If the software will not start, skip to part 3 and perform the steps in part 3, part 4, and optionally part 5.
Part 1: The first thing you should do is backup any watch lists you have created.
- Right-click in the Watch List area to the left of the chart.
- Choose Export.
- Change the folder path to Documents at the top window.
- Name the file e.g. MyStocks.
- Click OK.
- Repeat until you have saved all of your lists.
Part 2: Copy the serial number.
- Click Help on the menu.
- Choose Serial Number from the list.
- Copy your serial number and past it into a text file or with paper and pencil.
- Close the window.
- Close TG RT.
Part 3: Uninstall the TG RT software through Windows uninstall. Once that has been done proceed with deleting the data folder.
- Open Documents.
- Find the tgrtv4 folder and delete it.
- Close the Documents window.
Part 4: Now you may install the TG RT software. You will find the link in the software section of the website after you have logged in. Once it has finished installing input the serial number to finish the installation.
Part 5: If you were able to save your watch list folders, these steps will show explain how to import them. If you were not able to save your watch list folders then create new ones.
- Right-click in the watch list area.
- Choose Import from file.
- Browse to your Documents folder.
- Select the saved file e.g. MyStocks.
- Click OK.
- Repeat until you have imported all of your files.
As each of the folders are imported, TG RT will start to load the data, this may take a few minutes depending on how many folders and symbols you have.