The email alerts are sent from the TG_VSAScanner_4_5 indicator. The TG_VSAPlugin_4_5 and TG_VSAScanner_4_5 indicators must be on the chart and properly activated before you can set up the email alerts. If you use two-step authentication for your email you will have to disable it.
To use GMail, and possibly other email providers, you will also have to enable the external POP3/IMAP settings. This link will provide the details for GMail POP3/IMAP. If you are using a different service please contact your provider for the information regarding external POP3/IMAP set up.
These steps will help you to enable the email in TradeStation.
- Right-click on a chart with the TG_VSAScanner_4_5 and choose Format Analysis Techniques.
- Select the TG_VSAScanner_4_5 from the list of indicators.
- Click the "Format" button.
- Select the Alerts tab.
- Make sure that "Enable Alerts" is checked.
- Click the "Configure" button next to "Use the global messaging preferences".
- Check the box labeled "Email" and click the "Configure" button.
- In the From field enter the email address you wish to send the email from.
- In the To field enter the email address where you wish to send the email to. This does not have to be the same email address used in the From field.
- In the SMTP Server name or IP address field enter your SMTP server name. Your email service can provide you with this information or you can try the SMTP Lookup button.
- Check the box labeled "My SMTP Server requires authentication" box.
- In the Account name field enter your email address.
- In the Password field enter your email password.
- Click the "Test" button to send a test message to your email address. If the test message fails to send, review the settings and make sure that all email accounts are spelled correctly and that the password is entered correctly.
- Click the "OK" button when done.
If you do not wish to disable two-step authentication in your mail account or if you do not wish to use your main email, we have found that GMX provides a reliable free email service that will work with TradeStation. To set up a free GMX account follow these steps.
- Go to https://www.gmx.com/
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Fill in the information and create your GMX account.
- Click the "Email Settings" link on the left.
- Select "POP3 & IMAP" from the settings menu.
- Check the box labeled "Enable access to this account via POP3 and IMAP".
- Click the Save button.
- You may be prompted to enter a security code on the screen. Enter the code and click the continue button.
- When you successfully enter the code you will receive a message that the settings have been saved.