NT8 will support many email services such as GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. Most of these email providers offer 2 step verification for enhanced security. If you are using the 2 step verification, then the email sending in NT8 will likely not work. If you do not wish to disable your two-step authentication, you may set up a GMX email account. We have provided instructions below on how to do this.
With Yahoo, you will have to enable external POP3/IMAP settings. This link will explain how: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/enable-pop-yahoo-mail-sln22038.html You may have to enable POP3/IMAP with other email providers as well. Check with your email provider to see if they require external POP3/IMAP settings to be enabled.
With Google and Yahoo, you may have to use app passwords. These respective links will explain how: Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en Yahoo: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
Here is an article from NinjaTrader Support providing the necessary SMTP settings for some of the popular email providers: https://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=45339
This article from NinjaTrader will explain how to set up Share Services for email in NinjaTrader 8. https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?general_section.htm#ManagingShareServices and NinjaTrader also have this video on YouTube. https://youtu.be/c9YVNbZs4i4
Once you have the email configured, you will need to configure the VSA Scanner.
- Right-click on a chart with the scanner
- Choose Indicators
- Select the TG_VSAScanner_4_5
- On the right side find the "Send e-mail alert" and check the box
- Below that, fill out the "Send Alert Mail To address" with the email address you want the alert to go to.
- Click OK after you have made these changes.
- Change your other charts by following these same steps or, save this as one of your templates and apply this to your other charts that use the scanner.