When adding the VSA indicators to a chart for the first time, or when you open the MT5 software, the VSA indicators use a lot of processing power. To help with this we have a couple suggestions.
- Change the maximum number of bars in history. To do this follow these steps:
- Click Tools on the menu of MT5.
- Select Options.
- Select the Charts tab.
- Find the Max bars in chart setting and change this to 20000.
- Click OK to save this change.
- When opening a new chart, it is best practice to change the chart to the highest time frame that you will use in the scanner. For example, if the highest time frame you use in the scanner is H4, then set the chart to H4 and let it load all bars. Do this before you add the scanner or a template that uses the scanner to your chart.