MT5 Email Setup.
We have found that the free GMX email service works well in MT4 and MT5. These instructions will help you get set up with GMX and add it to the MT5 platform.
Step 1 - Set up a GMX email account.
- Go to https://www.gmx.com/
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Fill in the information and create your GMX account.
- After you have created your account and you are logged into GMX, click the "Email Settings" link on the left.
- Select "POP3 & IMAP" from the settings menu.
- Check the box labeled "Enable access to this account via POP3 and IMAP".
- Click the Save button.
- You may be prompted to enter a security code on the screen. Enter the code and click the continue button.
- When you successfully enter the code you will receive a message that the settings have been saved.
- See the first image below.
Step 2 - Configure email settings in MT5
- Open your MT5 software.
- Click Tools on the menu.
- Choose Options.
- Select the Email tab.
- Check the "Enable" box.
- In the "SMTP server:" field enter mail.gmx.com:587
- In the "SMTP login:" field enter your GMX email address.
- In the "SMTP password:" field enter your GMX email password.
- In the "From:" field enter your GMX email address.
- In the "To:" field enter the email address you would like to send the alert emails to.
- Click the "Test" button.
- A window will pop up notifying you to check the Journal, click OK to close this window.
- Click OK.
- Go into the Toolbox window in MT5. If the terminal is not open, press the Ctrl + T keys or click View on the menu and choose Terminal.
- Choose the Journal tab and read the message to see if the email was sent. If you receive an error about the email in the journal, please go back to the email settings and review the information that you have entered. Also, check your GMX account from step 1 to make sure that the POP3 is enabled.
- See the second image below.
Step 3 - Configure scanner settings.
- Right-click on a chart that has the scanner.
- Choose Indicator List.
- Select the TG_VSAScanner.
- Click the Properties button on the right.
- Scroll down and find the Send e-mail alert setting and change it to true.
- Click OK.
- Repeat for all charts that you have that you want to enable email alerts for. Alternately, you can save this as a template, then apply this to your other charts.
- See the third image below.